Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Four Days of Fright! Day 2

Today's Update: "Ghost Story"

For today's Halloween-themed treat, I thought I'd share with you all a very special story my dear mother used to read to me every night before tucking me into my walrus-skin bed. In retrospect it was a rather creepy story so I find it's fitting for this fright-filled update. 

Try to imagine reading this in a croaky, almost dust-filled throat voice to complete the experience I had as a small, mustached child.

A family of three, lost at sea, a mother a father and son.

Three tummies all  hollow, as sea creatures follow, a boat with no room for fun.

Little boy brat did nothing but sat, as mother and father worked all day long.

Brat falls asleep, as ma and pa creep, tummies sing out a sorrowful song.

A family of two lost at sea, a mother a father and empty seat.

Boys and Gals, be good to your parents, or else you'll be yummy red meat.

Oddly enough, this was the picture used to depict the father.  Sad thing is, he actually looked like that.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know you had a blog, Nique. Love the ghost story/poem. Clever.

    ReplyDelete